Monday 11 January 2016

The Books I Got for Christmas!

So this year I was incredibly lucky and got a whole lotta books from Santa. This is actually quite a rare thing for me because I use my Kindle quite a lot (as much as I love a physical book, I don't really have the room to store them), but this year, I got a shed load. Just a quick note, this is not me showing off or bragging - I love watching and reading videos and posts like these and I'm so excited about all the books I got this year and I wanted to share them with you.


All of these books came from a list I'd written down during the summer and forgotten about. Luckily, my parents found the list and decided to be amazing and buy me some of them!

So, first up, is the Infernal Devices trilogy box set. I have Book 1, Clockwork Angel on my Kindle (and was actually reading it over Christmas) and I'd bought Book 2 Clockwork Prince in a physical copy on my holiday in the summer. Despite this, I love having a series all in one form - either as e-books or physical copies and to get the box set made me so happy.

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige is probably the one I was most excited about getting. I've been eyeing up this series for a while now and with book 3 coming out this year, now is the perfect time to start this series.

All Fall Down by Ally Carter is a book that, when I looked at the cover in the shop I wasn't too sure about it but the premise of the book sounds so intriguing and, the one that I got also comes with a free mascara so I got a little bonus present!

The Rule of 3 by Eric Walters is another first book in a series and again, sounds really intriguing. An apocalyptic type story which seems to be popular right now with the new 5th Wave movie about to premiere so I'm excited to get to this.

Gone by Michael Grant is a series I've been dying to read for such a long time but, every time I've looked at the library (which is my main source of books that I want to try before buying) they haven't had it in stock. Now I've finally got my own copy so I can start reading this series. I love the green edged pages on this book - it really makes it stand out.

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. I love a good angel book and this looks like it's going to be an amazing series that puts a slightly different spin on YA angel stories like Fallen by Lauren Kate and the Angel trilogy by L.A Weatherly.

Finally, we have Uglies and Pretties by Scott Westerfield and this is a book that comes in a close second to Dorothy Must Die I think. I've got the bind up edition of both Book 1 and Book 2 which means I can marathon them both at once without stopping.

I've already finished the Infernal Devices and I'm hoping to have a review up on the series soon and I can't wait to get started on the rest of the books. I'm so thankful that my family know exactly what makes me happy - a pile of books and I'm sorted! I hope you all had a great Christmas and got what you wanted and I'll have another post up soon!

1 comment:

  1. I ❤️ Many of this book X love ur page. I have a u tube video u might like has we have similar taste in books u should have a look xx
    https://youtu.be/R7-tQKTpv8w

    ReplyDelete