Tuesday 6 September 2016

Top Ten Tuesday

So, in honour of Autumn arriving - and therefore the arrival of all the new TV shows that are airing now, this week is my Top Ten Favourite TV Shows of all time.


  1. The Originals - I adore this show. I can't wait for Season 4, it cannot come soon enough. A spin off of the show The Vampire Diaries, The Originals focuses on the Original Family - the first vampires. Family drama, witches causing chaos and centuries old enemies coming back, this show is probably my all time favourite.
  2. The 100 - another favourite, and one I know is incredibly popular with a lot of people, The 100 is set in the future where humans were forced to live in space once earth became uninhabitable. But, with air running out on the space station, 100 teens are sent back to earth to see whether it's safe for humans to return. Action packed and definitely gory, I look forward to this show every year.
  3. Chicago Fire - following the firefighters and paramedics of Firehouse 51 in Chicago, this is another action filled TV show - with a multitude of good looking actors and actresses. What's not to like?
  4. The Great British Bake Off - this show is something I look forward to every year. It's recently started again here in the UK and I love spending an hour watching people navigate the pitfalls of cakes, breads and biscuits.
  5. Marvel's Agent Carter - I loved this show. It follows Peggy Carter, who debuted in the film Captain America: The First Avenger and her life after that movie. I love watching the Marvel movies and this show has the perfect balance of action and humour that made watching the show so entertaining.
  6. Criminal Minds - I discovered this show five years ago on a holiday to America and now I look forward to each new season that comes out. While the cases have definitely been a lot darker the past few seasons, it's interesting to see how profiling works.
  7. Bones - I don't even know how long I've been watching this show and I love it so much. I definitely prefer the TV show to the books. I think the humour makes this show, at least for me.
  8. Unforgettable - this show follows cop Carrie Wells who has the unique ability to remember everything she sees and hears - which makes her the perfect person to work in the Major Crimes Unit. I've loved this series since season 1 and I'm so upset that it's ending. It's a unique spin on a crime show.
  9. Gogglebox - for those who haven't seen this show, it's essentially different families, in their homes, watching various TV programmes. Sounds dull? Think again. Their hilarious commentary of programmes we love and hate makes a show that shouldn't work, absolutely addicting.
  10. I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! - with autumn taking over from summer, you can't help but start to think about Christmas, at least a little bit. The one thing I start to look forward to? I'm a Celebrity. A group of celebrities go into the Australian jungle for two weeks and compete in strange and horrible trials to win food for camp. Seeing celebrities making fools of themselves on TV - now who wouldn't want to watch that?

No comments:

Post a Comment