Tuesday 11 October 2016

What I Read in Summer 2016

So, Autumn is finally here. Which is insane to me because I swear Summer only started five seconds ago. I've been lucky enough to have had an incredibly long summer this year, which means I've had plenty of time to read lots of incredible books! Now, there are reviews for almost all of the books I've read, and I've linked them all so if you've missed one, go and check them out.

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas has been a book that I fell in love with when I first read it and have reread it pretty much every week since that first read. I'm pretty sure this is going to be my favourite book of the year. My spoilery discussion is here if you haven't read it yet.

Untold and Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan are the second and third books in the Lynburn Legacy trilogy and I loved them. This whole series was absolutely brilliant. My review for book 1, Unspoken is here.

The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson is a collection of short stories about the life of our favourite High Warlock of Brooklyn, Magnus Bane. I think my favourite of the whole collection is probably the Midnight Heir. My review of this book is here.

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater was probably my most anticipated book release of this year. The Raven Cycle is a spectacular series and this conclusion was no exception. My spoilery discussion of this book is here.

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare is the first book of the Dark Artifices series and I loved it. Cassandra Clare has done it again and created a whole new cast of characters that I have fallen in love with. My spoiler filled review of this book is here.

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken is the first book in a duology which has had so many people raving about it in the YA community. It took me a little while to get into this book, but I ended up really enjoying it. My review of this book is here.

The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen is the second book in the Queen of the Tearling series. I loved the first book and this second book did not disappoint. We got so much development of not only Kelsea and her powers and the Red Queen (and who she actually is) but of the time before the Crossing. Though this switch between times was a little jarring at times, it expanded on the history of this world and I enjoyed reading about Lily Mayhew just as much as I enjoyed reading about Kelsea. I can't wait for the next book to come out in December. You can read my review of the first book, The Queen of the Tearling here.

The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas is a bind up of all the Throne of Glass prequel novellas. My review for this book is here.

So those are all the books I read this summer. All of these were good, if not fantastic books, so it was definitely a productive summer of reading for me! Lets hope the end of the year follows suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment