Tuesday 21 April 2015

Top 10 Tuesday


Week 3 of Top 10 Tuesday is here and this week, the prompt from The Broke and The Bookish is Top 10 All Time Favourite Authors - because they're apparently incredibly evil over there. Oh well, here we go...

  1. Veronica Roth - of course the author who created Four has to go in here. Despite the rocky final installment in the Divergent trilogy, I still love Divergent, Insurgent and Four (a bind up of short stories from Tobias' POV for those of you living under a rock) and so I think she deserves to go in this list.
  2. Jennifer L. Armentrout - again because she created the hottest alien around, she is automatically slotted into this list. I also love her writing style. In Lux it's so informal and casual and it really lends itself to creating both Katy and Daemon's characters. Maybe one day, this post won't include anything about the Iron Fey or Lux - we can only hope.
  3. Tess Gerritsen - while her books aren't YA, I really enjoy reading them. Tess Gerritsen is a crime writer with a flair for writing killer mysteries. One of my favourite books by her is Gravity which is set in space. This book got really mixed reviews - it seems like you either love it or hate it but I really love it and I keep coming back to it again and again.
  4. Holly Black - currently, I've only read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly, but I can't wait to pick up her newest novel The Darkest Part of the Forest which sounds amazing. I don't know why it took me so long to find Holly but I'm so glad I finally did.
  5. Maggie Stiefvater - I love the majority of the novels that Maggie writes. The Scorpio Races was just magical and the Raven Boys is just brought to life by the incredible characters she's created. While I didn't like Ballad (the sequel to Lament) and I've kind of been put off reading the Shiver trilogy, all the other books by her that I've read have just been incredible.
  6. Suzanne Collins - while I actually prefer watching the movies to reading these books, there wouldn't be any movies without Susanne Collins (no Finnick Odair? *Gasp*) so she goes in here as well.
  7. Cassandra Clare - The Mortal Instruments (despite the poor movie) is a series I love to live in. I love how Cassandra Clare blends the normal and the paranormal to create a world that we all know and recognise but at the same time, is completely foreign. And she's created an army of would be Shadowhunters because, lets face it, Shadowhunters are bad ass.
I think this pretty much makes up my list. There are a few authors that I've left out because, while I love one series that they've written, they're other books just aren't as good and I probably wouldn't pick up any of their other books because of this. So this is my top 7 all time favourite authors - what would yours be?

No comments:

Post a Comment