Thursday 26 November 2015

Book Inspired Christmas Gifts!

I love Christmas - absolutely love it. The magical nature of it has never (and will never) disappear for me. Of course, one of my favourite presents to get is a new book, but there are so many other book inspired gifts you can give to loved ones this year and here are a selection of my favourites. All the links are correct at the time of posting - if they don't work just let me know! Lots of thanks to the hosts of the sites for letting me use their images and link to their sites. None of the images belong to me, I'm just using them to show you guys the amazing products on offer! The links to each individual product featured will be underneath the picture, so just click the caption to take you to that particular products page. If you just want to browse the company's website, the main link will be at the start of the each company's 'section'.



Books Before Boys Necklace, £12.00
First up, we have the The Literary Emporium. The first thing that caught my eye were their jewellery designs. As with many of the websites featured, they have an amazing selection of jewellery inspired by books but, if you don't want to be limited to a specific book, or aren't sure what the recipient's favourite book is, then I thought their Books Before Boys Necklace was really cute and, for £12.00, it's not going to break the bank! It's perfect for Christmas or Valentines Day (if you're exceptionally organised!) and is handmade with a silver plated charm and trace chain.

Keats Dewdrop Earrings, £16.00
 




Another elegantly simple piece of jewellery from this company are their Keats Dewdrop Earrings. They come on a cardboard plaque with a printed quote from Keat's poem Sleep and Poetry. They are slightly more expensive than the necklace at £16.00, but I think they're gorgeous! They come in either silver or rose gold and have sterling silver posts.

Magic Notebooks, £4.00


Finally, they also sell stationary, so for any aspiring writers out there this could be a perfect stocking filler. The notebook that caught my eye were the Magic Notebooks which are £4.00 and look like something straight from Harry Potter so it's a win win! They're A5 notebooks, with 48 lined pages and, if you can't decide which one to get, you can get all three for £10!








Custom Bookplate Stamp, £25.00
Next up are some companies I found on Etsy. First up is Papersushi and a really cute gift for anyone wanting to stake a claim on their books (and the book boyfriend's accompanying them) is their Custom Bookplate Stamp which is £25.00 plus shipping. It's a handmade wooden stamp and is made to order so it's personal to the recipient. They do ship worldwide and I think it's a different kind of gift for the book lover in your life.





Hebel Design creates jewellery based on YA books and they are amazing. There's a large selection to choose from and each collection's jewellery is based on the book series. My three favourite collections are the Lux collection (we all knew that was coming), the Iron Fey collection and the Shadowhunter collection, but they have collections based on other series such as the Grisha series and The Selection series so go check them out!
Beta Quartz Pendant, $30.00
From the Lux collection, I love this Beta Quartz Pendant. It's a little pricey at $30.00 but it really is gorgeous. It's a real Quartzite stone encased in a sterling silver case. The chain isn't provided but you can choose from the necklace options available. I just think it's so pretty and unique that it's worth the extra cost and, it's from the Lux series which is my favourite series ever. This is definitely on my wish list!
Ash's Amulet Pendant, $30.00






From the Iron Fey collection, comes another pendant, this time in the shape of Ash's pendant. Personally, I like the more subtle
desgins like the Beta Quartz pendant and this one. Again, this is $30.00 and again doesn't come with the chain. It's silver plated bronze and is so unique and different that you'll definitely get comments over it!

Witchlight Candle, $12.00
Finally, we have the Shadowhunter's collection. If you want something to set the atmosphere in these cold, dark evenings then take a look at this Shadowhunter candle. It's a plastic, battery operated tea light which flickers. For $12.00, this would be a nice stocking filler maybe?
Angelic Power Rune Tiny Earrings, $24.00


The other thing that caught my eye in this collection were this Angelic Rune Tiny Earrings. These tiny 6mm earrings are so cute and sit on sterling silver posts. For $24.00, they're small enough that you could wear these everyday.




Winnie the Pooh Real Fragment Bracelet, £32.00
Scribbelicious hand make jewellery from old books and create book themed gifts. I love looking through their designs, they're so easy to personalise and are something a little different to give as a gift this year. Now, I grew up with Winnie the Pooh and, even now, those characters have a special place in my heart. I love this page fragment bracelet with the characters names on it. It's £32.00 but it's so beautiful that it's completely worth it. It's a silver plated sweetie bracelet so that the bracelet will fit most wrist sizes and the charms are made from real page fragments. For anyone who loves these characters as much as I do, this would be a beautiful gift.
Mischief Managed Bookmark, £12.00

I think my favourite characters from the Harry Potter series are Fred and George (closely followed by Sirius) - I love those twins! I love how they are the next generation of pranksters, following on from Sirius & co. and the phrase 'Mischief Managed' just sums them up! This bookmark comes in either Bronze or Silver and is £12.00. Spread the mischief people!

Now you can also personalise the gifts you give from Scribbelicious. Simply click this link to go to the Customisable Archives to take a look at the products you can have customised. If you can't find what you're looking for, or have a specific quote or lyric in mind, then you can email them and they will sort it all out for you.

These are just a selection of fabulous products on offer this Christmas and I hope that it's given you some inspiration for your gifts this year! Thank you again to all the companies who have let me feature their products and I wish you all a Merry book-filled Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment