Thursday 1 December 2016

Blogmas


Welcome to the first of December and the first day of Blogmas! I can't believe that it is December already! Seriously, where has 2016 gone?? This week, winter has definitely arrived in the UK. It has been so cold here this week. November has been and gone and the weather has seriously gone with it. I love watching the seasons change (which sounds really weird but bare with me). I'm a creative person at heart and I love watching the colours around me change as the year goes on. Autumn this year was spectacularly beautiful. Seriously, I don't think I've seen an Autumn as gorgeous.

While I love the autumnal colours, there is something strangely magical about waking up and seeing the frost covering the ground, glittering in the street lights. Tie it in with all the Christmas lights that are popping up everywhere and winter takes on this magical quality that you don't find in any other season. And whenever you step outside, you get to pretend you're a dragon because you can see your breath every time you breath (we all do it and if you don't then you're lying).

I am definitely a Christmas lover. There is a certain sequence that must be completed for it to be Christmas for me.
  1. Bonfire night must have happened. I love Christmas, but anytime before November 5th is too early even for me.
  2. I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here has to start on TV. This programme is one that I look forward to every year.
  3. The German Market needs to have started up, in all of it's chaotic, madness. Seriously, this is one of the most stressful places ever, but it's not Christmas without it.
  4. The Coca Cola Christmas advert has to have played on TV. This is the deal breaker. Once this advert has played, then it's Christmas and I don't care what anyone says.
I'm really excited about the next 25 days of blogmas. I hope you guys enjoy it! Are there any specific things that have to happen before you feel like it's Christmas? Are you a Christmas lover or a Scrooge?

No comments:

Post a Comment