Tuesday 12 May 2015

Top 10 Tuesday




This week's Top Ten Tuesday is the Top 10 Authors I really want to meet. As always, this post comes from The Broke and the Bookish, so go and check them out and lets get started. As always, there are going to be some authors on this list that are really obvious and you can probably guess some of them, but some of them may surprise you a little. Without furthur ado, here we go:

  1. Maggie Stiefvater - because she just seems like the coolest person ever and I think we would just get on so well because she seems a little bit mental, just like me!
  2. Julie Kagawa - because despite not liking The Immortal Rules, she did bring Ash and Puck and Meghan and Grimalkin into my life and for that, she goes on the list, and we can obsess over them for a while.
  3. Jennifer L. Armentrout - again, she brought Daemon Black into my life. Which automatically puts her on the list. I would love to know how she came up with the idea of him and if I can steal him from her. No? Oh well...
  4. Holly Black - I'm really interested in reading more of her work but I loved the Coldest Girl in Coldtown and I think it would be really awesome to know how she came up with the idea for the book, and what she did to make it stand out from all the other vampire books out there.
  5. Cassandra Clare - again, I think Cassandra Clare is just a really cool lady and it would be great to find out how she came up with the world of the Shadowhunters. It's so diverse and different and you can tell there was so much work put into building it and I'd quite like some tips for my own writing.
  6. Claire Merle - I loved her 'Glimpse' duology and I think it would be really interesting to find out how she came up with her ideas and what she's up to next
  7. Kim Harrington - following on from my last post, this is a duology that I love and have loved for so long and Kim Harrington just seems like a really funny person and the kind of person I'd love to spend a day with.
  8. Becca Fitzpatrick - when I first read the Hush Hush series I wasn't really sure what I thought about it. I read the series after finishing Black Ice and while I did enjoy the book, there were things that irritated me and, I think that clouded my judgement because, I really did like this series. I love angel books and I think Becca would be a really interesting person to talk to.
  9. Claudia Gray - again, I really did love the Evernight series and I think her writing advice would be really useful.
  10. Gayle Foreman - the master writer behind If I Stay which is a film and book I love to pieces. I'd love to know how to evoke tears from readers like me who never normally cry at books (or their movie counterparts) but can be found sobbing in the corner after reading this book or watching this film.
So, there are my Top 10 Authors I'd love to meet. What would be in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment