Tuesday 26 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday


This weeks Top Ten Tuesday is the Ten Books I Plan to have in my Beach Bag this Summer. As always, this feature comes from The Broke and the Bookish so go and check them out and here's my list.

  1. Game of Thrones by Sarah J. Maas - as you'll see from this list, I have a lot of books downloaded on my Kindle that I'm saving up for summer and this is the one that I'm probably most excited about reading this summer because I've heard over and over that this is the series to read and so I can't wait to be a very late comer to this party.
  2. The Guardian by Katie Klein - I love me an angel/guardian protector book and this looks like it's going to be great. It's a very short book (only about 175 pages according to Amazon) which makes me slightly worried about the pace of the book but it'll be a perfect short read for summer regardless.
  3. Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson - this is another protector book and while it sounds slightly cliche I'm still excited to read it and see how Christie has made the plot her own. Looking at reviews, it does seem that most people think it's a good book so I guess I'll have to wait and see...
  4. Under my Skin by Shawntelle Dawson - I've already started reading this book but I stopped at about 30% on my Kindle because there were other books that I wanted to read more. BUT, this book has got so many good reviews on Amazon so I'm willing to pick it up and give it another go this summer. Maybe it'll be a repeat of Coldest Girl in Coldtown and I'll end up really loving it.
  5. Gravity by Melissa West - As I'm sure you know if you've read my blog, I'm a wee bit obsessed with the lux series which is surprising because I don't normally go in for alien books. Hence me trying out Gravity. I'm not sure whether it's a dystopic novel or just sci-fi but it does sound quite interesting - what can't people peek at?
  6. We were liars by E.Lockhart - this is another book that I'm a late comer to. I bought it last summer but never got round to reading it but from the amazing things I've heard about it, I'm definitely excited to read it this year.
  7. Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke - this sounds so intriguing to me and is something that I personally haven't seen done much of and I don't know why. A cop investigating lots of strange deaths (I'll give you three guesses as to the cause of these deaths). Really interested to see how this one is written.
  8. If I Stay by Gale Forman - this is another book I bought last year but never read. I have watched the movie though which reduced me to tears, so while I do know what happened, I do want to read the book and it's sequel Where She Went this summer.
  9. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - there's probably a really horrible punishment for not having read this series by now, especially since I loved the Mortal Instruments series but, until recently, I was never really driven to pick up the first book but after watching many booktubers and reading reviews with people raving about the series I decided I really do need to read this - especially since I love the Shadowhunter world. Plus, apparently Will Herondale will become an instant book boyfriend so...
  10. Saving June by Hannah Harrington - yes I know I've read this book but is you've read my previous review, I think this is a perfect read for summer. A road trip with friends and some killer music along the way? This book is a really nice light read for summer and will definitely be a re-read for me.
So those are the ten books I'm going to have in my beach bag this summer. What about you?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment