Tuesday 1 September 2015

Top 10 Tuesday



Yes it's back! I've kind of missed doing these posts so I'm excited to be doing them again. The topic this week is Ten Characters You Didn't Click With. As always, this comes from the Broke & the Bookish blog so go and check them out and here we go...

  1. Caleb from Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout - based on my post yesterday, he's the most recent character that I just didn't really click with. I didn't really connect with Alex and Aiden either but Caleb really just seemed like dead weight to me and so I didn't really connect with him as a character.
  2. Mara Dyer from the Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin  - I really didn't like Mara at all. She never really became a 'real' character to me. I never really understood her actions or thought processes.
  3. Brie from the Catastrophic History of You & Me by Jess Rothenburg - again, I didn't really understand Brie as a character. Her actions were completely off base and not realistic based on the initial character set up.
  4. Neva from Dark Parties by Sarah Grant - Neva spent so much time obsessing over Breydon that she never became the heroine that she needed to become, which not only infuriated me, but also meant that I didn't care about what happened to her in the book.
  5. Bella Swan from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - I'm going to confess that I still really like the Twilight saga despite all the bad press it's got. That being said, I've never connected with Bella. It takes her four books to mature into someone I could potentially connect with, but by then, the series is over. I think all the other main characters - the Cullens and the wolf pack - are much better developed than Bella.
  6. Nathan from Half Bad by Sally Green - I really didn't like Half Bad as a book anyway but Nathan as a protagonist just didn't connect with me. Like most of these characters, I didn't care about what happened to him so I didn't connect with him.
So those are my top 6 characters that I didn't click with. What would make your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment