Wednesday 9 September 2015

Top 10 Tuesday



 I'm so sorry this post is late - my days are all messed up and I was convinced it was Monday yesterday! Anyway, this week's top 10 is supposed to be 10 book series I have yet to complete but I think I have one series that I've started and haven't finished because when I start a series; 99% of the time I finish the series so I'm changing it slightly to 10 book series that I have yet to start - because there are a lot more of them! If you want to check out the original post then check out The Broke & The Bookish and here is my slightly altered list.

  1. The Giver by Lois Lowry - I'll admit, the first time I heard of this book was when I heard that Taylor Swift was guest starring in the movie adaptation because, unlike in the US, it's not a book on the curriculum in the UK but it sounds like a really interesting series and I'm excited to read it.
  2. House of Night by PC Cast - this is a series that I'm really excited to get to. I even picked up the first few books from the library but real life interfered so I didn't get a chance to read them but I can't wait to read it.
  3. Maze Runner by James Dashner - this series sounds very similar to the premise of the Hunger Games in some ways and, although I've heard mixed things about the series I'm intrigued to see how the series pans out before I watch the films.
  4. Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - I was going to read this series when I was on holiday but I didn't get around to it but I'm determined to read it before 2015 ends. I will!
  5. Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness - I've only heard amazing things about this series and I've got all three books sat in the house waiting for me to read.
  6. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - another series I've heard amazing things about and was going to read on holiday but didn't get around to. Now that book 4 has just come out, I can't wait to really get into this series and see how amazing it is for myself.
  7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - I've heard mixed things about this series but I'm intrigued to see for myself. It seems to be a series that you either love or hate so I can't wait to see how it falls for me.
  8. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - this is the series that I've started and want to finish but just haven't gotten round to yet. I've read book 1 and loved it and, despite the mixed reactions to book 3, I really do want to finish this series.
So those are my top 8 series that I have yet to start. It does take a lot for me to not finish a series at all and I think recently the only series that I have no intention of picking up again is the Mara Dyer series. I hope you enjoyed this post - what would be on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment