Sunday 7 August 2016

Meeting Jennifer L. Armentrout!

So, a month ago today, I met one of my favourite authors of all time. If you have read this blog at all, you will know that I love Jennifer L Armentrout, specifically her Lux Series so, when I found out that she was coming to my town for a signing, I knew I had to go.


Now, I own the entire Lux series on my Kindle - but she couldn't sign a Kindle! So, I splurged on the bind up editions of the first four books of the series - Obsidian, Onyx, Opal and Origin. My family thought I was mental for buying books that I already owned but if I was going to get any books signed it had to be them. I also took my copy of Half Blood, which is the first book in her Covenant series.

This was my first ever author signing event so I had no idea what to expect or even how many people would show up, because she isn't really a well known author over here in the UK. I was really surprised and pleased that it was completely sold out and so many people had brought their copies of the Lux series as well. Lots of people to discuss Daemon Black with!!

Jennifer talked for about forty minutes about all of her books and their subsequent movie and TV deals, what inspired her to be an author and how she plots her books. One thing she said during her talk that rang true with me is that the first series of hers that you read tends to be your favourite. I read Lux first and then Half-Blood and Lux wins hands down for me. I thought it was an interesting point to make.

She was so nice to everyone there. You had a limit of five books (perfect for the Lux series) so the signing did take a while but everyone there was so friendly and you can't help but start talking to people about the series and your favourite parts and your favourite characters. I got a little (read a lot) excited about how she signed Lux:Beginnings.

The girl in front of me had all five Lux series books and I was a little jealous that her copy of Opal was signed with 'Want a Cookie?' but I got 'Hey Kitten' so I was happy. While we waited there were trivia questions being thrown out about Jennifer's various series and characters but, unfortunately, I didn't win anything there, but I did come out with two bookmarks that they were giving out. I'll give you three guesses which one I was most excited to get...















I had an absolutely amazing time doing something I honestly never thought I would get to do. It's an experience that is going to stay with me forever - and I'm now on the lookout for other signings to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment