Tuesday 16 August 2016

Top Ten Tuesday

This weeks theme is Top Ten Books with X setting. I've chosen the five books that are set in my home country of England. And by England, I mean mostly London as that's where pretty much all of these books are set. Seriously, if you guys know of any books set in England but outside of London, I'd love to hear them!


  1. City of Halves by Lucy Inglis - I adore this book. It very much reminds me of Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series but it does put it's own unique twist on the plot and shows London in a great light.
  2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - since I mentioned it, I figure I might as well include this series here. Set in Victorian London, Cassandra Clare brings us a series showing how the Herondales never really change, despite the era they live in!
  3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - so, technically, this book travels the world, but we do get a few chapters set in London, so I'm going to throw it in.
  4. Pan's Revenge by Anna Katmore - the second book in the duology, this book is largely set in London rather than in Neverland. Which means we get to see pirates braving the skies of the Smoke. Who wouldn't want to read about that?
  5. The Glimpse by Claire Merle - this duology is set in a futuristic version of London and is one of my favourite dystopian series. It puts a really interesting spin on dystopian worlds and the characters are incredible.
So, those are my top 5 books that are set in England. If you have any of your own, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment