Tuesday 2 August 2016

Top Ten Tuesday


It seems like ages since I last did a Top Ten Tuesday! This week's topic from The Broke and the Bookish is a dream for me (and for any book lover) - Ten Books You'd Buy Right This Second if Someone Handed You a Fully Loaded Gift Card. So, in no particular order...

  1. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston - I'm currently rereading A Court of Mist and Fury for the millionth time and it will probably influence a few of the books on this list. This book sounds magical to me and I'd love to pick it up.
  2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - This follows the same kind of theme as A Thousand Nights but so many people have said this series is amazing and I'd love to see if the rumours are true.
  3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - so many people love this series but I've not started it yet. With the film coming out soon, maybe I will...
  4. Covenant Series by Jennifer L Armentrout - I already own Half Blood and, actually wasn't too keen on it. It reminded me of Vampire Academy and, because of that, never picked up the rest of the series. But, last month I met Jennifer (which was so amazing!) and actually, I want to see where this series goes.
  5. The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - I really enjoyed the Queen of the Tearling when I read it but I haven't got round to picking up this second book yet. Book 3 is coming out later this year as well and I really want to know what happens...
  6. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas - Throne of Glass is on my Kindle begging to be read (and I'm slowly getting there) and, if it's anything like the ACOTAR series, I know I'm going to want to pick up the rest of the books in the series ASAP, especially with Empire of Storms coming out so soon, I need to get round to this series.
  7. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley - this blurb of this book kind of gives me Peter Pan vibes and I love reading books that are either retellings of Peter Pan or just remind me of that story.
  8. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne - this book dropped at the weekend and, when I first heard about it, I wasn't sure whether I would want to buy it because it's actually a script of the play. But I flicked through a copy while I was away and I think I've changed my mind. Besides, it's not everyday that Harry Potter fever grips the world again so I think it's worthy of a place on this list for that alone.
  9. The Giver by Lowis Lowry - I'd never heard of this book series until the film came out. I think it's more popular in America but here in the UK, we don't study it at school BUT since the film came out, I've wanted to pick up the books.
  10. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - these books sound so amazing, I'd love to start them.
So, those are the ten-ish books that I would buy if someone gave me a fully loaded gift card right now. Looking at this list, I think it would need to have a large amount of money on it! What books would you buy?


2 comments:

  1. Yes to Magonia and Miss Peregine's Home For Peculiar Children! Also need to read The Giver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These three are probably the ones I want to read the most on that list - they all sound amazing!

      Delete